Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stains of What I Ate Last Night


(to the Who's Squeeze Box)

Mama made a cream sauce
I wear on my vest
And when appetite grows
I’m gonna make a mess

If my clothes are all white
Newer colors take flight
Showin’ off the cream sauce
Stains of what I ate last night

There’s some Texas Pete
And some sautéed meat
I’m now a painting from Pollock
I’m a masterpiece

I’ll be flinging all night
Get the pattern just right
Art has found my clean cloth
Tasty visuals that bite

Food goes in and on and in and on and in and on and in and on

See the colors so bright
With a smell that’s so ripe
Shirt’ll find a new cause
Dancing dinner’s landing site

I’m so cheesy
See my linguini
Patterns so
creepy, cool, and true
Hang me inside the Louvre

Cover me with crème sauce
Vegetables and Miller Lite.

Food goes in and on and in and on and in and on and in and on

If you’re eating ain’t right
And the food ain’t your type
Nothing is a lost cause
Décor rations will delight.

Copyright 2010 Warren Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment