Saturday, June 12, 2010

She's a Witch (Bedevere the Brain)


(to Elton John's Bitch is Back)

“We are justified!”
The mob did cry.
“She’s a witch,
Can we start a fire?
Subtle staging,
Yes, we got the hat.
Though the nose ain’t realistic,
She’s a witch, that’s that!”

"Help me, lord, I pray.
She’s not right.
She’s a mean streak.
Just last Saturday night
When I went to rest
I was six foot two
I got up in the morning,
I’m a tiny newt!”

She’s a witch
She’s a witch
Burn the witch, she’s bad
Old crone flown here,
Can we light us some thatch?
She’s a witch
She’s a witch
Can you help our pursuits?
With the science you use
Determine the truth.”

“I’ll make it plain,”
The man explained.
“What will float
Like witch in lake?”
King Arthur rose
He said “Quack! Quack!"
Then a duck exposed her habits
With a weight that matched.

“Bedevere!”
They did cheer
And the mob did clap.
Spoke King Arthur:
“You’re a wonderful catch.
Gather near
Get your gear
Join our holiest troupe.
You’re a man we can use
For deeds we will do.”

Copyright 2010 Warren Baker
.

No comments:

Post a Comment