Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Searchin' for My Mother Tongue

(to Wonderin' Where the Lions Are)

Boot up, what th-, no display?
I hear the poof and then it fades away.
Now I'm looking for the warranty
Irregularity's wearing on me.

I wish I hadn't bought it, but it happens more and more
A problem every day, a real pain du jour
So I'm looking for some clarity
But then this enmity starts to work on me

Words in their book, odd language too
Need a cipher ring, and need a better clue
Somewhere to find lucidity
Before infirmity takes hold of me.

Call up support, who am I talkin' to?
Maybe it was Steve, or maybe it was Lou.
I'm thinkin' bout profanity
Their locality must be overseas

And I'm searchin' for my mother tongue
(searchin' for my mother tongue)
No I wouldn't want another one
(searchin' for my mother tongue)
I'll keep searchin' for my mother tongue.

"Big awful time, can I provoke today?
Just be with my mind and we'll resolution, okay."
And now I'm thinking incredulity.
I find myself in the middle of abusurdity.

Late night, my mind has been wandering about
Good communication through a better route
To heck with this disparity
Maybe sanity will come eventually

And I'm searchin' for my mother tongue
(searchin' for my mother tongue)
(can't afford another one)
(maybe talking one-to-one)
I'll keep searchin' for my mother tongue
(searchin' for my mother tongue)
(don't make me hurt my good lung)
I'm searchin'

Oh, I got it all resolved just the other day
I packed up my things and then went sailing away
A nice opportunity
Near the sanctity of a tall palm tree.

I'm done searchin' for my mother tongue
(searchin' for my mother tongue)
(yes I'll have another one)
(can you fill it up with rum?)
Done searchin' for my mother tongue.

Copyright 2009 Warren Baker
.

No comments:

Post a Comment