Monday, May 3, 2010

Still Chasing After Cars I Hear


(to Paul Simon's Still Crazy After All These Years)

I know a dog, Rover
He’s a bit uptight
He seems so tense and edgy
And he’ll hide
When we gather at the road sign
Little Rover knows no fear
Starts chasing after cars he hears

Not much to understand
Why dogs will mobilize
We love to chase those
Older Chevrolets
Of Toyotas we are not fond
Bad brakes are what we fear
Love chasing after cars we hear
Love chasing after cars we hear

Walks in the morning
Flex my plumbing
Loving my life at play
Hear engine purring
Car spy I.
A small tan coop-ay.

Now I wait for the road show
Then I lunge for cars
I know I’ll catch a Porsche
Nine Two Eight
Till my owner is evicted
By his neighborhood of peers
I’m chasing after cars I hear
Oh, I’m chasing
Just chasing
I’m chasing after cars I hear.

Copyright 2010 Warren Baker
.

No comments:

Post a Comment