Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thom Yorke Records Happy Song

(K. Letterman News Agency)

Thom Yorke, lead singer for Radiohead, has recorded a happy song, according to his publicist.

“We are pleased to announce that Mr. Yorke woke up one morning, had a happy thought, and wrote about it,” said Nancy Vague, publicist for the band. “In fact, he was quite chipper and skipped around a bit.”

A press release, recently released, included a portion of the lyrics to the song “That’s a Surprise”:

Giddy giddy, won’t you see
Good lord, I’ve got happy feet
My face is acting out of sorts
Must be my smiley shorts

That’s a surprise
That’s a surprise
Stay away
I want it to linger.
Want to be a happy singer.


Vague also said that “there is no way this will last, so the fans have nothing to worry about, except, of course worrying about what they currently worry about anyway.”

According to a poll by the group Lexapronics, Radiohead has been consistently rated as the world’s most angst ridden bands. The Cure was listed as a distant second.

Upon hearing the news, many nervous fans made appointments with their personal therapists.

“Don’t know what I’ll do,” said one woman, who called herself Weary Wanda. “If he gets happy, well, I’ll just have to start listening to more Morrisey. But I’m not sure I’m ready for that type of affliction, you know?”
.

No comments:

Post a Comment