Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Evermore (Edgar Allan Poe 1809-1849)

(to When I'm Sixty-Four by The Beatles)
.
Waiting for words
To pop in my head
Glass of wine in hand.
This Amontillado, a delicious find.
Fortunato
Oh, what a guy!

In my mind’s eye
Miss Annabel Lee
We both loved the shore
Now I feel weary, dismal, and dreary
Anna nevermore

oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oooo
My thoughts turned to blue
(his thoughts turned to, his thoughts turned to blue…)

And then I wrote the words
I now share with you.

A pendulum tocked
My mind in a pit
Can I move along?
Maybe solve a mystery with dear Dupin
He’s a Frenchman
Of whom I’m fond.

I hear a knock
As I turn my head.
Should I dare explore?
What is this rapping, who is that tapping
On my chamber door?

Never could I dream within a dream but there it was it seemed,
Nothing there appeared

What is happening?
(What is happen, what is happening…)

There at my window pane
A black feathered thing

A raven spoke and
Flew through the room
Landing on a bust
Never have I found a bird to be so rude
What if he performs
Number two?

That is my tale,
I tell from the heart
Do you want some more?
There’s no supposing, I’m decomposing
I write nevermore.
.
Copyright 2010 Warren Baker
.

No comments:

Post a Comment